Bell Integration are specialists in Infrastructure IT, End User Computing and Cloud Technologies and delivers complex end-user and datacentre transformations for large corporate organisations across a variety of sectors including, banking, telecoms, and retail. Reporting to the Technical Operations Team Lead, located at Bell’s Headquarters in Portsmouth, the Team Leader role is primarily responsible for the running of the managed services 24 x 7 service desk offered by Bell.
The Service Desk Team Leader is primarily responsible for leading the team of Service Desk Engineers manning the UK Operations Support Centre (OSC) on a 24x7x365 basis, whilst performing Service Desk responsibilities during times of cover requirements.
The role is based from Bell’s head offices, at Portsmouth; however, travel to customer site locations may be required.
• Define the strategy, create a plan and lead the change to support the development of Bell’s First Line Support Team. (Service Desk)
• Provide team leadership, staffing mentorship and governance of the Service Desk Engineer resources
• Manage and maintain Service Desk Engineer rotations, ensuring coverage across multiple shifts on a 24x7 basis, developing the technical capability of our First Line Team to improve their first time fix rate for the resolution of tickets, thus releasing bandwidth in Bell’s Technical Operations Team to focus on projects
• Produce and develop Performance Development Plans for the Service Desk Engineer resources
• Act as the point of escalation for customer incidents reported by phone, e-mail or by remote monitoring tools.
• Ensure all entries to the service management solution are accurate, concise and timely
• Be continually focussed and maintain ongoing understanding of the interdependencies that Problem, Change and Configuration Management processes have on good Incident Management.
• Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance in the assigned role.
• Promote the behaviour to resolve incidents during first call where possible; only escalating when knowledge is exhausted in the team.
• Maintain an ongoing awareness of the customer base and the contractual service support and delivery entitlements by the customer.
• Ensure the level of service support reflects entitlement for all opened incidents. In the event of service support requested beyond entitlement, ensure timely engagement of the Service Delivery Manager for resolution.
• Maintain an ongoing awareness of all customer standard operating procedure (SOP) content keeping abreast of new releases or updates.
• Where either deficiencies or improvements in the accuracy of customer SOP documents are spotted, resolve and update documentation as required.
• Create/maintain & deliver weekly/monthly reports
• Ensure quality of end to end delivery to clients to ensure client satisfaction and best position the company for additional business
• Ticket Management: Update, communicate and escalate tickets accordingly, adhering to SLAs/KPIs to ensure resolution is achieved within a timely manner.
• Demonstrate professionalism and inspire confidence when working with senior management, both on the phone and face to face
• Identify training requirements, provide mentorship of peers and junior staff in the organization where needed
• Service Improvement: Ensure requests are managed end to end from initial request through to completion and handover, identifying opportunities for extending business opportunities.
• 2 years Team Leadership experience, managing small to medium sized teams consisting of service desk analysts & engineers
• 1-2 years’ Service and Supplier Management experience
• Complex understanding and experience of IT infrastructure support
• ITIL Service Delivery / ITIL Foundation understanding
• Experience with service management software (i.e. Service-Now, Remedy, etc.)
• Experience with enterprise monitoring solutions (i.e. Nimsoft, Solarwinds, Tivoli Enterprise Manager)
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
• Staff mentorship skills
• Rotation planning and management
• Service desk and incident management
• Service level management
• Experience in working overnight shift rotations to facilitate 24x7 service operations
• Prior experience in an IT related technical support customer facing role
• Knowledge of ITIL methodologies (ITIL certification desirable, but not essential)
• Experience with providing first & second line support of desktop & data centre technologies (i.e. Operating Systems, Server, Network, Monitoring, Storage & Backup infrastructure.)
• Management skills
• Leadership skills
• Solid base of technical knowledge, with a skill level capable of supporting Incidents at the first level or beyond.
• Demonstrates self-motivated eagerness to acquire new and enhanced technical skills.
• High degree of interpersonal relationship skills.
• Must be capable of working in a team and being a good team player who has the capability to add value.
• Articulate in both verbal and written communication.
• Demonstrate good communication skills with employees, contractors, suppliers and customers both clear and professional in speaking to users on the telephone and face to face
• Shows a structured way of working and keeps to deadlines as well as provide timely updates
• Ability to manage own time efficiently when solo working
• Able to work confidently in difficult and new situations, inspiring confidence and leadership amongst fellow support staff and team members
• Shows initiative and is proactive, especially when dealing with escalation from junior team members
• Ability to investigate and provide RCA to the business
• Demonstrate good communication skills with employees, contractors, suppliers and customers
• Positive 'can do' attitude and work ethic to fully complete tasks
• Demonstrable high level of problem solving skills with technical initiative
• Self-motivated, but knows when to seek guidance and escalate
• Flexible with the ability to change priorities quickly and the capacity to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Self-starter and problem solver - able to work independently but also a strong, dependable team player
• Prepared to 'go the extra mile' in delivering service on time and to the highest standards
• Strong emphasis on delivering an excellent customer experience, while working under pressure with urgency, with an ability to communicate professionally to all levels of the business.