- Responsible for the strategic direction and operational performance of the purchasing team as and support our new customers during growth in the PaaS.
- Experience of managing large corporate procurement teams in typically IS categories.
- Will need to have experience of the Swiss Markets and working practices and be fluent in German.
- As Head of purchasing this role has full accountability for Bell’s procurement activities as we go to market with our Procurement as a Service
- Manage the purchasing team as we set up for a new customer
- Source selection of suppliers to meet business and customer requirements in line with strategic objectives and supply chain processes.
- Document procurement decisions, create contract correspondence, and administer contract changes between Bell and our suppliers.
- Negotiate pricing and other elements of the contract terms and conditions.
- Integrate and coordinate internal and external customer requirements to establish and document procurement requirements consistent with customer expectations.
- Facilitate, integrate and document technical and business communications between Bell our suppliers and customers.
- Interpret and enforce contract terms and conditions.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant procedures and contract requirements.
- Carry out regular supplier performance reviews.
- Supply Chain Knowledge: Considerable procurement/ sourcing experience and supply chain management experience, ideally within an IS environment. Understanding of UK contract law
- Knowledge of the negotiation and contracting processes (may negotiate final contract terms).
- Supplier selection process: Experience of negotiating pricing and other contract terms and conditions for contracts. Demonstrable ability to monitor contract effectiveness, grow relationships and partnerships with suppliers and alliances.
- Supplier Strategy: Knowledge and experience of developing and implementing strategic supplier sourcing initiatives, using Category Management approach or similar.
- Interpersonal skills: Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with external customers and internal customers including the senior management team.
- Leadership: lead designated work stream to ensure delivery to first time quality, cost and schedules.
- Problem Solving: Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems referring to established precedents and policies.
- Planning: Participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish those objectives
- Knowledge of SAP and Ariba is key
- MCIPS qualifications
- Leading and motivating others to deliver best performance.
- Able to create a shared sense of purpose, clarity of expectations, direction and priorities. Leads positively through change.
- Collaborating and partnering – able to build effective relationship with partners internally and externally, working collaboratively to achieve end goals.
- Team Building – able to facilitate a strong team environment, working with others to maximise team effectiveness.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Able to identify own and others development needs and promote learning to build capability.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed