Principal Consultant – Cloud
Bell Integration is a technology services provider; supporting its customers through the complex lifecycle of their assets from acquisition through to retirement, including supply of all the resources required to consult, support and project manage throughout the journey.
Due to growth and increased demand for our services we are looking for a Principal Consultant with strong Datacentre Migration experience to join our Consulting Services team. The opportunity is to join a straight forward, growing consulting practice with an impressive portfolio of customers and projects. Bell Integration are experts at Data Centre Migration: we have developed our own IP that is respected and even trusted by top tier systems integrators for their customers.
Project Services & Consulting services take our customers on the journey from initial assessment and advice, through to architecture, design and transformation with defined outcomes. Project services are dedicated to the delivery of programmes and projects across the infrastructure, focusing on ensuring the right solution is delivered on time and on budget.
This role will require travel across the UK to our numerous client sites.
The successful candidate should have a broad and varied skillset across Cloud Infrastructure.
- Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- Experienced in discovery and analysis of existing workloads for migration to Azure including right-sizing, dependency mapping and TCO benefit analysis
- Skilled in Azure Cloud design, development, deployment of complex Cloud solutions for customers, including the creation of Vnet and Azure product related templates for Infrastructure, applications and data analytics solutions
- Experienced in migrations from both on-premise to Azure and Cloud to Azure
- Demonstrable experience of Cloud architectures and strategy (public, private, and hybrid)
- Proven capability in designing innovative Business Solutions using Cloud platforms.
- Track record in delivery of successful Cloud Infrastructure deployment and migration projects
- Excellent understanding of Cloud Identity Security, Access Management implementation, Cloud Monitoring Solutions and Networking
- Knowledge of application architectures using non-Microsoft technologies and Open Source technologies in a Cloud context.
- Understanding of Cloud related development concepts (e.g. Agile, DevOps) & related tooling
- Possess minimum 10 years’ overall experience in infrastructure and application services support or delivery
- Client Facing Consulting Experience
- Broad knowledge of ITSM, ITIL and Project Management methodologies
The successful candidate should have skills and experience in these areas:
- Experience in complex workload migrations utilising a recognised methodology
- Working as part of a technical discovery and design team in delivering workload migration solutions
- Developing High and Low Level design documents
- Definition of the Migration Strategy
- Development of migration principles and approaches
- Act as the Technical Design Authority
- Technical ownership and mitigation of key technical risks
- Proven team leadership capabilities, able to delegate work and manage technical team members
- Work stream leadership experience
- Proven experience of working with and presenting to senior stakeholders
- Experienced professional services/technical consultant to support pre-sales engagement calls with customers and to deliver engagements sold.
- Proven experience as a successful technical infrastructure consultant with customer relationship management, technical pre-/post-sales experience, and exposure to people management.
- Proven technical leadership experience on deployment projects
- Detailed knowledge of the infrastructure industry and associated emerging trends.
- Knowledge of the different Bell Microsystems services and offerings.
- Demonstrated technical design and implementation of infrastructure solutions.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Project facilitation ensuring delivery of services set up in line with customer’s needs.
- Demonstrable ability to work as a consultant to CIO/IT Director level.
- Manage workshop environments, taking ownership and leading all aspects of workshop facilitation.
- Interface with Project Managers within Bell Microsystems and the client’s IT staff to ensure effective delivery of services.
- Demonstrable ability to provide robust and clear feedback to customers.