Bell Integration are specialists in Infrastructure IT, End User Computing and Cloud Technologies and deliver complex end-user and datacentre transformations for large corporate organisations across a variety of sectors including, banking, telecoms, and retail. This position is within the Technical Operations Server team and will be responsible for supporting customer solutions, both for Bell’s customers and Bell’s internal systems, maintaining the infrastructure, servers, storage and network.
Scope of Role
Manage the day to day operations of the solutions, including the underpinning networks and technologies that form the infrastructure.
Ensure all systems within the infrastructure are in operation during business core hours (9am-5:30pm) and support those critical servers defined as 24*7 within the service catalogue as part of an on-call rota for OOH support.
Assist business units with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases. These activities may include the definition of needs, benefits and technical strategy; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out new solutions.
Technical Skillset Required:
Windows Server (AD, Exchange/O365, SCOM/SCCM)
Cloud Technologies (AWS & Azure)
Virtualisation (VMware / HyperV)
Backup Technologies (Spectrum Protect, DPM, VEEAM, Redstor, Backup Exec)
- Maintaining the customer(s) environments according to the agreed SLAs/KPIs
- Responding to alerts and notifications from the monitoring systems
- Writing documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for team support knowledgebase.
- Controlling access permissions and privileges
- Working closely with IT project managers and other technical staff
- Troubleshooting system, storage and network problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software incidents/problems
- Provide solution(s)/work around(s) to Incidents and Problems
- Create, manage and evolve polices, processes and procedures
- Install, maintain and support new applications and infrastructure
- Work to SLA thresholds for Incident(s), Request(s) and Problem(s)
- Prioritising and managing several open cases and mini projects at one time
- Establishing a good working relationship with the business and 3rd party support personnel
- Testing, evaluating and implementation of new technology
- Keep up to date with advancements in technology
- Prove exceptional technology driven leadership skills, cross training and mentoring.
- Review of services, application delivery, patching and antivirus
- Willingness to travel on occasion
- Work with a variety of business and technical contacts to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements
- Systems monitoring
- Administer backups and restores
- Patching servers
- Performance monitoring IT infrastructure
- Maintain security infrastructure including antivirus software, firewalls and endpoints
- Administer, monitor and deploy new server instances
- Administer and monitor security access and controls
- Administer and manage storage & backup solutions
- Network trouble shooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN trouble shooting
- Perform within and adhere to the 24*7 on call rota